Wednesday, July 16

Back

Whoa, the whole wedding thing almost got the best of us, but now the invitations are done and in the mail. So each and every one of you loyal Blogandters can expect to see an invite soon. I've illegally wire tapped all of you to get your address, and for those that I couldn't get, I just Googled ya'.

By the way, the misses came up with an awesome idea to make invitations. She designed the things and then saved the design as a photo, and then we just ran the file down to Wal-Mart and got the photos developed. So now we have high-end glossy color invites for way cheap. As you know, though, it can never be that easy when you're dealing with Wal-Mart. When I went to pick up the developed photos, the worker guy just started searching every drawer they had until his finally admitted "Man, I know we developed them, but I just can't find them. Can you just come back in an hour? I'll run them again."

So an hour later he had a new batch of photos. But they never found the originals, which can only mean one thing. Someone else has them!

So, uh, we'll see how many people show up to this wedding.

By the way, don't underestimate Wal-Mart when shopping for wedding stuff. All you have to do is look at the workers and clientele there and you will never, ever, want to go back into the dating pool. Your future husband/wife will never look as hot as they do when set against the backdrop of Wal-Mart. And as such, maybe you'll spend a few extra bucks to make sure they stick with you.

18 Comments:

yamalink said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yamalink said...

Somewhat related to the Wal-Mart lack of hotties....there is a grocery store in my town where all the super smokin' trophy wives shop. They all drive the Escalades or Porsche SUV, each has a kid (the old guy's insurance policy), prance around in baby tees and big sunglasses. And all of them have a doctor or engineer or lottery winner at home scratchin' hit sack waiting for the little lady to bring back his Lean Cuisine.

Each time I read/hear about wedding invites I think of George Costanza.

Unknown said...

I actually got your invitations by mistake. I have them all filled out. I just imported the addresses in the local sex-offender database into Word and printed them onto Avery labels, and Voila,
They are ready for the mail!

For the right price, I guess I could hold them for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, how come that first comment had to be deleted? Was it a Wal-Mart rep?

Dad

YamaLink.com said...

His Dad,
That first comment was deleted by me cuz, well, it was just plain moronic (relative comparison to my usual posts).

Anonymous said...

Costanza- good one! Hey Weege, who did do the "lickin" of the envelopes? LOL

MIKE D said...

Rodney Carrington. That guy has some A+ Wal Mart stories. I hate to love that place

Anonymous said...

As you know, I try to avoid mixing with the upper crust blue bloods that frequent Wal-Mart, when I can instead go to Big Lots or Aldi's ("I get ALL DEZE for $5?!"), where I once saw two women get into a fist fight because one got too close to the other in line. Makes for exciting shopping!

Dad

yamalink said...

Are your Big Lots like mine: basically the Lites version of the Big Bike (the Big Bike = Wal-Mart) minus the handicap access?

The entrances to my Big Lots requires the agility of a trials rider to navigate. Crates of perfume on the left. Bubble gum machines on the right. Bulk chocolate pretzels in the middle. Mmmm, pretzels.

Never heard of Aldi's. Is that an east coast thang?

Anonymous said...

WallMart suck(s)Ray
(Ala Rain man). I wish they sold Renthal cuz the prices are smokin.:)

IndianDunser

Anonymous said...

Renthal will never do business with walmart because walmart would demand they sell them 20billion sets of bars at $1.49 a pop

Anonymous said...

speaking of george castanza

Anonymous said...

OMG. I forgot how funny that photo of George is! LOL. Thanks peelout, a "laugh" actually bellowed out of me at work(much needed).

Anonymous said...

Weege,
Are you tasting cakes this week? Just askin cause we need more posts! Is your Dad available in your absence? Funny man he is.

Anonymous said...

To Yamalink,

Yeah, Our Big Lots is like that too. Stuff stacked and scattered everywhere. Don't know how far Aldi's reaches, we have it here in Jersey and Weege has it in WV. I don't think I've convinced him to go there yet, though.

Dad

Daniel said...

Well I'm here in southern Illinois, and by that I do NOT mean the south side of Chicago or even Springfield. I actually mean southern Illinois, like 50 miles from the bottom of it. We have quite a few Aldi stores. Good place. Cheap food, tastes like the expensive stuff. Vary Nice!!

Jason Weigandt said...

All,
Once again a non-racing post has taken the cake here on the blog. I did spend Tuesday night running the licking of the envelopes, and honestly I was afraid for the Mrs. life. She even has the short blonde hair like "Susan" did.

So far so good.

yamalink said...

New game sweeping the nation: how far west does Aldi go?
Or not.