Saturday, July 19

Evading

On the way to Unadilla tonight, driving the 5.7L V8 w/ 401 lb.ft of torque Toyota Tundra on I-90 East, I went past a cop doing 80 in a 65 zone. He flicked his lights on and I knew I was done. But lo and behold I looked up and saw an exit coming up. I've always wondered "What if you just got off the highway and they couldn't find you?"

So I exited. And lo and behold the lights kept on running straight! I did it! I got away with it!

Then later I got back on the highway and the cop had nabbed someone else. Yeehaw!

Special thanks to Toyota for the getaway vehicle.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

thats worked for me a couple times, but it needs to look like you meant to exit, you know something like go get gas even if you dont need it. Plausible deniability always works.... then if he follows, you might still get the ticket but better than getting hit with an evading ticket.

Anonymous said...

Seems like you should have used a Ford Escape....

Dad

Anonymous said...

I tried that after going by a smokey at 95 in a 75 on the 15 just inside of Idaho and it didn't work. I did just get a warning though after he realized I wasn't running drugs in my Cali plated 22" wheel rolling Ford. Oh the tinted windows didn't help either.

Good on ya for pulling that one off Weege.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if O.J had been running a Toyota he might have got away too.Just sayin....

yamalink said...

I got pulled over just inside Idaho once, near Spokane, with an expired driver's license....20 months expired! The patrolman let me off because he noticed my DOD windshield sticker (notice how you call them nice names like officer or patrolman when they let you off). Yes, the DOD sticker was expired, too (3 years!).