Wednesday, April 9

What's good

Yup, I had a good time at NASCAR. I've always said I can see the appeal of the sport, even though I'm not a fan. But now that I've been to two races, I may just be a fan before long.

At times you can watch all of these cars going around in a circle, and even though they're going fast it doesn't look that fast. It can look downright boring. But NASCAR, like baseball, isn't slow and boring, it's high speed chess, actually. There's a lot going on out there if you pay attention. Cars are getting tight and getting loose, and teams are using all sorts of strategy. It can actually be fun to watch even though they don't do jumps or even turn right. And now things are beginning to join up, with a TON of NASCAR guys coming to the Supercross on Saturday. Juan Pablo Montoya was hanging with his family in the Nursery (yes, Live Nation designates a room at each race for families), Joe Gibbs had all of his boys up in a suite, Jimmie Johnson and of course Clint Bowyer came, and there were a bunch of other drivers and crew guys around, I just don't recognize them! Anyway, it was quite a compliment to our sport that the NASCAR community wanted to come and watch the races.

Now I'm going to go sell out and go for the huge money and become Mr. NASCAR and maybe I'll just come to one supercross a year and hang out in a suite like Mr. Cool Guy. Don't expect me to say high back to you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the Gibbs clan was in the Toyota suite. Coach, Coy, JD, Denny Hamlin and Kyle Bush.

Anonymous said...

You mean hi.....right? Just givin' ya crap Weege

Anonymous said...

Weege,

I hadn't looked at your blog since my Canadian jest but just wanted to say as busy as you are your doing a great job keeping it updated. Thanks.

How come there are no full time Canadian Nascar drivers ?

Regards

M. Brown

MIKE D said...

The minute your head gets big enough to not return a hello......... is the minute sombody will come up behind you and hang you up by your "WEDGIE" from a coat hanger.

PS- Im sorry if I opened up some old wounds from elementary school.

NASCAR WAS ALOT COOLER ABOUT 5-6 YEARS AGO, ALOT OF THE OLD SCHOOL STUFF WAS STILL THERE (cheating) ITS STILL COOL, AND WHEN THEY WORK OUT THE BUGS ON THE NEW CARS I THINK THE RACING WILL BE REALLY GOOD!